Welcome to the ECO Revolution
At RidgeGear we are increasingly taking into account the environmental impact of our products and packaging, and looking to reduce this impact however we can.
Just a few of the ways RidgeGear are working to reduce our environmental impact include.
• Before effluent waters leave the site, they are put through a flocculation process to remove any solids. The solids are then taken from the site and disposed of ecologically, where possible, once a year.
• All dyes used on our safety harnesses and Seat belts meet Oeko-Tex 100 standards, ensuring they are free from harmful chemicals of more than 100 different substances.
• Gas boilers on site are maintain regularly to ensure efficiency and all lighting is being changed to energy saving LED bulbs.
• Working in partnership with FSC accredited paper suppliers, to ensure all our paper and card come from sustainably managed forests.
• Producing paper marketing only printed on recycled materials.
NEW TO 2020 – ECO Webbing
To further RidgeGear’s commitment to sustainability, and thanks to a new and improved Research and Development team… we are now happy to announce that as of 2020 we are the first company worldwide to offer ECO-Webbing Harnesses.
With our ability to produce and dye webbing on site, we have taken recycled polyester yarn and reinvented our most popular Harness, the RGH2, using approximately 30 bottles per harness.